DHlthSci (Clinical) QUT; MMH (Psychotherapy) UQ, MHlthSci (Developmental Disability) USyd, BSocSci (Disability and Family) ECU, GradCertCrim (Forensic Disability) UoM, Behaviour Technician (USA), Developmental Educator
Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA), Association for Positive Behaviour Support (US) (APBS), Australian Clinical Supervision Association (ACSA), Developmental Educators Association Incorporated (DEAI), Behaviour Support Practitioners Australia (BSPA)
We are thrilled to welcome Dr Fiona J Davis to our team as Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Practice Supervisor. With a wealth of knowledge and experience, Fiona brings a unique perspective and expertise to support our Behaviour Support Practitioners to elevate their practice, and to provide the best possible support to our clients.
Fiona is a highly respected practitioner in the disability and mental health fields, with over 30 years of industry experience. Her extensive background in health and behavioural science, psychotherapy, behavioural therapy, clinical and practice supervision, and her new challenge of becoming an occupational therapist, have made her a leading authority in Positive Behaviour Support.
Throughout her career, Fiona has been dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities and their families. She has worked extensively with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis (disability and mental health), and challenging behaviours. Fiona’s commitment to providing high-quality services to her clients is evident in her exceptional work and the positive outcomes she has achieved.
As our PBS Practice Supervisor, Fiona is responsible for supporting our team of practitioners, ensuring that our clients receive the best possible care and support, and building knowledge and experience both within Mindcare Mental Health Services but also more broadly across the sector, through participation in a range of sector driven initiatives and programs.
We are excited to have Fiona on board and look forward to the invaluable contributions she will make to our team and the individuals and families we serve.
Highlights of Dr Fiona Davis Achievements:
- Years of experience in the fields of health and social sciences, disability and mental health, behavioural therapy, criminology, and clinical and practice supervision
- Has presented at a broad range of conferences both nationally and internationally.
- Has been central to a range of research teams, of which, respective articles have been published.
- Developed a range of evidence-based interventions and treatment plans for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health conditions, and challenging behaviours.
- Developed and delivered training programmes for practitioners in the disability sector, focusing on Positive Behaviour Support and person-centric approaches.
- Actively involved in advocating for the rights of people with disabilities, including serving on various boards and committees to promote social inclusion and access to services.
- Inaugural member of the Expert Reference Group for BSPA 2023.