Psychologists offer psychological assessment and evidence-based treatment for children, teenagers, and their families who are facing a variety of challenges, including emotional, social, behavioural, and learning difficulties. Psychologists provide support in developing skills to manage problems, including:
- Anxiety and worry
- Depression and low mood
- Adjustment difficulties and developmental transitions
- Reactions to trauma
- Grief and loss
- Behavioural difficulties
- Anger management
- Difficulties related to having a developmental disorder, including Autism Spectrum Disorder
Our psychologists use a range of evidence-based approaches to support children and teens to manage their difficulties, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, skills development, and play-based therapy. Parents are supported through parenting assistance and skills development.
In addition to therapy services, our psychologists offer cognitive, academic and autism assessments.
An occupational therapist can help your child engage in activities that they need, want and are expected to do.
Need to do:
- Self Care
Want to do:
- Social Skills
- Making and maintaining friendships
- Playing with peers
- Accessing the community if they are restricted by sensory or physical limitations
Are expected to do:
- Participate at school
- Attention and concentration
- Transitioning from tasks
- Fine motor tasks (e.g. using scissors)
- Regulating their emotions
- Participating in a variety of age appropriate activities
- Engage in leisure activities (improve skills or make modifications to create access)
Our occupational therapists can undertake a comprehensive assessment to determine the significant performance areas causing these difficulties. This information can be used to set and prioritise goals and be passed on to your teacher, GP, or paediatrician.
Your child may:
- Have difficulty understanding what is said
- Have difficulty following instructions
- Find it challenging to share thoughts and feelings
- Say words incorrectly
- Repeat words and find it hard to speak smoothly
- Find it difficult to interact with peers
- Encounter challenges when learning to read or write
- Have difficulty eating and drinking safely
- Only eat a small variety of food
How we can help:
Our Speech Language Pathologists work closely with you and your child to achieve best outcomes in our complex world of communication. We use a play based model of therapy as children learn and understand best when engaged in things they like and are relevant to their everyday lives.
We use individual and group therapy to support your child’s communication development, and we work together with the other therapists, early childhood educators, and teachers to ensure a team approach to your child’s care.
We use a number of evidence-based therapy programs and approaches to support your child’s communication development.
- Hanen: More Than Words and It Takes Two To Talk
- The Lidcombe Program for stuttering
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication including Key Word Sign, PECS, PODD, Proloquo2Go
- PALS Social Skills Program
- Secret Agent Society
- The SOS Approach to feeding
- The Spalding Method
We offer challenging play based therapy to achieve gross motor goals. We work on posture and gait training, reaching milestones, strength and endurance that all develop confidence in new found skills.
Our team of physiotherapists are dedicated to helping your child maximise their potential in a fun and interactive way. We work alongside Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Pathologists to ensure a holistic approach to early development.
Physiotherapy will work towards developing gross motor skills and postural control. Our detailed assessment will look at posture, musculoskeletal development, gait, tone, strength, joint range of motion and gross motor skills. Treatment is play based and fun as well as hard work and will strive to develop confidence with new found skills. Our therapists will provide the family with an appropriate home exercise program and necessary tools and equipment if needed.
If your child requires any aids or assistive devices, our physio team is skilled to assess individual needs and prescribe appropriately. All our physiotherapists are registered with the Australian Physiotherapy Association and adhere to continuing professional development, to ensure up to date, evidence based treatment practices. We will work with families and carers to ensure the best possible outcome for your child.
Children’s and Teens’ Therapy Services is a registered provider of Positive Behaviour Support and Specialised Behaviour Support services across Australia. We provide a range of comprehensive assessments to assist in understanding the nature and function of behaviours.
At CATTS we understand when people are happily engaged, in doing the things they like, with the people they like, they tend not to use behaviours of concern.
We can assist in increasing the quality of life for children and teens by actively working with individuals on strategies to live their best life.
Positive Behaviour Support Plan (PBSP) Services:
- Behaviour Support, CATTS helps children and teens to form a more positive way of thinking and behaving.
- Positive Behaviour Support Plan (PSBS), Our psychologists provide highly specialised and collaborative services to customise a behaviour support plan to your needs.
- Positive Behaviour Support Plan (PBSP) Implementation We work effectively with NDIS participants, parents, caregivers, and service providers to implement a behaviour support plan.
- Training in Behaviour Support Plans This support serves as a complement to Behaviour Management Plan. CATTS psychologists run sessions for other stakeholders on the behaviour management strategies to support consistency of response and best practice supports.
Behaviour Support Practitioners can author plans to understand:
- The function of why a person is using behaviours of concern.
- Address or modify the environment that triggers behaviour of concern.
- Teach individuals skills to meet their needs instead of using behaviours of concern.
- Have clear strategies in aid of stopping or reducing behaviours of concern.
- Provide training to parents, caregivers, and support workers in the effective implementation of Positive Behaviour Support Plans (PBSP).
Are you NDIS funded under the following categories:
- Improved Daily Living
- Improved Relationships
- Specialist Behavioural Intervention Support
- Behaviour Management Plan Including Training in Behaviour Management Strategist
Contact CATTS to author your child’s Positive Behaviour Support Plan today.
075293 9090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our multidisciplinary team comprises of psychologists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and specialised behaviour support practitioners, all skilled in providing a variety of assessments, including cognitive, speech, psychological, and functional capacity evaluations.
Assessments are used as part of a comprehensive evaluation to inform a range of diagnoses, such as:
Expressions of Interest – Upcoming Programmes
Children’s and Teens’ Therapy Services are now taking expressions of interest for upcoming programmes.
Therapeutic Gaming (Dungeons & Dragons)
This is a therapeutic gaming programme run by our psychologist to support NDIS participants in building a range of skills by learning through roleplay lead scenarios using Dungeons & Dragons.
Some of the possible mental health benefits of D&D are:
- Improved social skills with peers
- Increased self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved impulse control
- Stronger creative thinking and problem-solving skills
Circle of Security
The Circle of SecurityTM program is based on decades of research in secure parent-child relationships.
The following program will help you:
- Develop confidence in your parenting
- Learn how to support your children’s emotions
- Develop skills in how to best respond to your child’s needs.
- Discover why you respond and react the way you do
A weekly check-in, and self-care support for you!
Register your interest today.
07 5293 9090 or email@example.com
OR easily register online here
Donate today with PayPal
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW THE LATEST NEWS AND INFORMATION
Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss out!